Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Need

I've got other things I'd love to write about, namely, some convicting and strengthening lessons from the messages God delivered through Haggai. But after looking at PostSecret, I want to cry at how much this dying, broken world needs Jesus. We are so fucked up, and the only cure is knowing the healing rivers of the depths of God's love. Please read it, cry, and pray. Thank God if these confessions aren't yours right now. If they are, know that God is waiting for you with open arms. Who knows, maybe you can even help someone else find rest in him with some kinds words or talking over a cup of tea on a rainy day...especially when every day is a rainy day for some people.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11.28-30)

(I make no apologies for saying "fucked up." It was what came to mind and is how I can express how dire our situation is apart from the rescuing Christ.)

No comments: